These 3-Ingredient Pumpkin cookies are so delicious and incredibly easy. They get gobbled up faster than any other treat I make!
1 Can of Pumpkin
1 Pumpkin Spice cake mix
1 Container of Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Combine Pumpkin & cake mix in a large bowl & stir well to combine.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon-sized rounds & place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Baking 13-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven & allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once they are completely cool top each cookie with icing.
- Store in an airtight container or eat them all in one sitting.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe with another flavor of cake mix?
Yes- of course you can make this any flavor cake mix you like. I have found that using the spice cake mix gives you all the wonderful fall flavors that normally go well with pumpkin (and it keeps this as a 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Cookie). But I have made these using white, vanilla or yellow cake mix and I just add 1 T of pumpkin pie spice to the recipe.
What is the best way to store pumpkin cookies?
You want to keep these cookies soft. So the best way is to place them in an airtight container after they are done cooling & the chocolate chips are no longer soft. They should stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
How many can this serve?
This recipe makes roughly 24 cookies. It really depends on how large your scoops are when you are making them. But you should be able to get around two dozen cookies out of this recipe.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Can I substitute pumpkin pie filling for the pumpkin puree?
No, this is really important when making pumpkin recipes and you need to stick with this specific ingredient.
Can I use a gluten-free cake mix?
Yes, you absolutely can make these cookies with gluten-free cake mix! Isn’t that fantastic? You don’t have to give up these delicious cookies just because you need to eat gluten-free. YAY!